02 September 2022
OnTheMarket continues its evolution with the rollout of key new features and functionality
OnTheMarket Group (“OnTheMarket” or “The Group”) has released details of a new suite of features and functionality which will be live on its portal in the coming weeks as part of the next phase of the firm’s development.
The new updates are designed to further support estate and lettings agents as more focus has been put on functionality that supports agent customers in building their client relationships, generating leads and developing their pipelines. Further updates have also been made to enhance consumer experience and continue supporting serious property seekers with their home search.
The latest updates will include:
- Video Appraisal: Consumers will be able to arrange live virtual valuation appointments with agents presenting relevant local information and comparable property prices.
- Express Appraisal: Homeowners can arrange an online appraisal from local agents without the need of a home visit or a face-to-face Video Appraisal.
- Expanded agent profiles: For agents who qualify, pages will now include additional information such as awards, testimonials, office hours, local area knowledge and amenities.
- WhatsApp integration: Consumers can enquire about sales and lettings properties via the messaging service, providing a new type of lead and improved response times.
- Additional property search filters: Property searches can be tailored in greater detail with the addition of filters for auction properties, flexible office space listings, pet friendly properties, accessible properties, student homes and a ‘greener choice’ filter, which allows property seekers to search for energy efficient, eco-friendly homes.
The Video Appraisal and Express Appraisal features represent the biggest change amongst the suite of updates. The Video Appraisal tool is designed to give consumers an understanding of the value their property might achieve by facilitating conversations with local agents who are then able to present an informed valuation supported by a full Market Appraisal Guide. The function helps agents build relationships and highlight their local expertise by walking through local maps with supporting local information such as recently sold properties and market data on average sale or rental prices of listings in the same area as the property.
The Express Appraisal feature is aimed at consumers who do not wish to receive a home visit or a face-to-face Video Appraisal, but would like an agents view on an estimated price for sale, providing them with a personalised online valuation from local agents. The tool will allow users to submit relevant information about their property, key features, its condition, as well as upload photos, giving the agent the required information to prepare an estimate.
Jason Tebb, Chief Executive Officer of OnTheMarket, comments: “I’m really pleased to be introducing the next phase of features and functionality to our site. Since I joined the business, our aim has been to listen to our agents and deliver innovative solutions that support their businesses. Many of our developments aren’t only born from internal concepts but come from feedback we receive directly. For example, agents called for updates to be made to branch details pages to expand the information available on them and the integration of WhatsApp to the site was also requested to suit the evolving communication channels our agents use to connect with their clients. Our consumer feedback is also important to us, so after taking on board requests to make search results more tailored to different needs, we’ve introduced multiple filter options. Having listened to both our agents and consumers, I’m incredibly proud we’ve been able to act on our feedback and deliver more to continue improving our offering.”
Morgan Ross, Product & Technology Director at OnTheMarket, says: “Our latest phase of updates comes just eight months after we relaunched our website last December, and our team has worked hard to ensure this latest suite of updates and functionality positively builds on what was introduced as part of our first phase of new development. There’s still plenty more to come and we’re looking forward to adding more value through upcoming developments.”